Choosing high-quality tabletops for cafes and restaurants is important because the overall décor of your venue helps create the mood and ambience of your space. The style of your tabletops can impact whether your venue feels like a high-end establishment, boutique-style eatery, or casual and relaxed bistro.
Your main goal is to identify the type of customers you are hoping to attract and tailor your food, staff, décor and furniture to achieve this. Here are 5 tips to help you choose table tops for cafes and restaurants for your venue so customers come flocking through your doors and come back on a regular basis.
5 tips for choosing tabletops for cafes and restaurants
- Tabletop materials – There are several materials used for tabletops for cafes and restaurants like granite, wood, stainless steel and resin, to name but a few. While they all have their particular pros and cons you’ll need to decide which material to go with. Wood tabletops bring a touch of nature inside your cafe or restaurant and create a cosy feeling of warmth. Resin and laminate tabletops come in a variety of colours and patterns and are affordable and easy to clean. Metal tabletops lend a contemporary and modern touch and are also good for outdoor use.
- Quality and durability – Other factors to consider when choosing tabletops for cafes and restaurants is quality and durability. It’s important to purchase commercial grade tabletops as these are designed to withstand frequent use on a daily basis. You might want to consider investing in a fairly classic style that won’t go out of fashion in a few months’ time.
- Tabletop shapes – Tabletops for cafes and restaurants come mostly in round, square, and rectangle shapes and to a certain extent, your choice depends on the size and shape of your dining area. Square tabletops are a popular choice and can be easily pushed together to create larger tables for groups of people. Small bistro-style tables are also useful since they can be slotted into awkward corners and small recesses to help maximise your floor space.
- Accurately matched tabletops and bases – You can’t have a perfect table without ensuring that the base is suitable for the size of the tabletop and also complements it. Getting the right size base is essential to the stability of the table and to prevent it from toppling over when it is loaded with plates and dishes of food. If you’re not sure which size base you need, our friendly knowledgeable team will be happy to assist you.
- Aesthetics – Finally, be sure to choose tabletops that match your venue’s theme or décor. If you want to create an environment that customers find inviting, then it’s important to pay attention to the aesthetics. Remember, it’s all about creating a good customer experience so that they want to come back again.
Hopefully, these tips will help you when you come to purchase new tabletops for cafes and restaurants. Here at Cafe Furniture Brisbane, we stock a wide range of tabletops, table bases and complete table packages. Why not browse our online store or visit our Brisbane showroom to see the quality for yourself.