Are you looking to upgrade your restaurant? We’re here to help.
In these days of Instagram and Pinterest, it’s often more about the interior design choices you make rather than the food and drink that you serve to your customers. Good restaurant interior design is about creating an experience that your customers want to share on social media and that also encourages them to return.
So with this in mind, let’s dive into 6 design tips that could help you spice up your restaurant so that customers want to come back time and time again.
How to upgrade your restaurant – 6 design tips
- Rearrange your seating – The layout of your dining area is an important factor to consider when creating a welcoming ambience for your customers. It’s important that people have sufficient space and don’t feel cramped or too close to the table next to them. If your space is slightly cramped it may be that all you need do is to take a look at changing your seating layout. Alternatively, you might want to consider updating your tables, chairs, or both to give the illusion of more space in a small area.
- Create a focal point – A great way to give your restaurant the wow factor is to create a focal point that commands the attention of your customers. If your interior space is lacking this, then consider adding a large piece of artwork or a decorative wall mural. This is often more effective than adding a lick of paint or small decorative details.
- Revamp your outdoor area – When looking to upgrade your restaurant, don’t ignore your outdoor space if you have any. Try and think of an outdoor area as an extension to your restaurant’s interior. Invest in good quality table and chairs that are designed for outdoor use and can withstand the harsh Australian climate. Remember to provide some shade as well as some foliage to make a stunning and relaxing outdoor area that customers want to spend time in.
- Lighting – Lighting is particularly important in interior design and especially in a restaurant. Diners want to see what they’re eating but they don’t want to be sizzled by bright lights either. Installing mood lighting can be a great way of spicing up the feel and look of your restaurant.
- Create an intimate bar area – Having a designated bar or lounge area where your guests can relax with a drink before or after their meal can make your restaurant seem more upmarket. Placing a bar area in a quiet corner creates an intimate setting and allows you to cater to a variety of customers. If you want an outdoor bar area, too, then think about providing patio heaters, blankets and even umbrellas so customers can use the space all year round.
- Bring the outdoors in – Adding indoor plants is another easy way to upgrade your restaurant and with so many different types of plants available, you can create a totally unique look. Large plants make a bold statement and can be less expensive than artwork.
Hopefully, the above tips have given you some good ideas on ways you can upgrade your restaurant to make it visually more appealing for customers. Here at Cafe Furniture Brisbane, we stock a wide range of tables, chairs, and stools in numerous designs and materials. Why not browse our online store or visit our showroom to check out the quality for yourself. You can order online for no-contact delivery or collection